Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, BBJ is not conducting in person practice interviews and can accomodate you if you would like a virtual interview.
Interviewing is Hard!
Interviewing is part of life. It’s part of getting a job. And most of us are uncomfortable doing it. However, it is an absolute requirement to secure a job. No one looking for employment walks into a new company without having to go through an interview. Many times, more than one! When you go through a practice interviewing, we try and simulate the experience of the live job interview setting. We help prepare you and use feedback from your interview to ensure you are ready for any follow-up interviews.
Why Practice For an Interview?
- You will formulate the characteristics that make you different and unique
- Improve your delivery, body language, and communication skills
- Showcase your experience in bite-sized chunks
- Set a tone of self-confidence and self-esteem in your approach
- Understand how to answer questions that align with your background and experience
- Reduce any fear and intimidation
- Learn the three type of interview questions: behavioral, attitudinal, and situational analysis
- Enhance your listening skills
- Work on a strong and powerful delivery
- Understand the importance of body language
- Having a comfortable conversation
- Your ability to articulate
Therefore, you leave the interview with a polished and confident approach before your interview!
Things We Want To Hear
- Are you able to focus more on your accomplishments than job duties and responsibilities?
- Do you effectively outline your past employment successes?
- What do you do when faced with a difficult or unexpected question?
- Can you make a strong, successful first, and lasting impression?
- Please visit the Contact Us form on our website to get started
- Let us know if you have any special considerations (e.g. this is a preparation for a specific live interview – describe in some detail)
- We will schedule your interview at a time that works for both of us
Guidelines and Preparation
- Practice interviews are more effective when it is done before your scheduled employment interview. In other words, check your calendar!
- Your interview will be virtual via Zoom. Currently, all BBJ Monday Meetings are via Zoom.
- Interview options include one-on-one or a two-on-one format depending on where you are in the candidate selection process
- Punctuality for your practice interview is required – just as it would be for a ‘real’ interview
- Send a copy of your resume to the team prior to the practice interview
After Your Interview
We will provide you constructive feedback focusing on your strengths and areas for improvement. In addition, we want to hear back from you. Once you complete your live interview, send us a note, or give us a call and let us know how it went!
In conclusion, we suggest you visit these resources prior to your practice interview.