Due to the pandemic and COVID-19, BBJ cannot conduct in person practice interviews. Therefore, all practice interviews will be virtual.
Interviewing is Hard
It is something many of us are uncomfortable doing. However, it is a necessary part of finding a job. No one looking for employment walks into a new company without having to go through an interview. Many times, more than one! Our Practice Interviewing service puts you in a simulated live job interview setting. We treat this seriously and work to adequately prepare you so that you will be ready!
Benefits and Focus Areas of a Practice Interview
- Formulating and expressing your differentiating characteristics
- Solid delivery and communication skills
- Effective use of displaying your professional experience
- Setting a tone of self-confidence and self-esteem in your approach
- Use of results-oriented answers that align with the job description
- How to reduce fear and intimidation
- Tailoring the right interview responses to the behavioral, situational analysis, and work history questions you will be asked
- Good listening skills
- Strong delivery
- Effective use of body language
- Having a comfortable conversation
- Your ability to articulate
Therefore, you leave the interview with a polished and confident approach before your interview!
Things We Want To Hear
- Are you able to focus more on your accomplishments than job duties and responsibilities?
- Do you effectively outline your past employment successes?
- What do you do when faced with a difficult or unexpected question?
- Can you make a strong, successful first, and lasting impression?
Our team is highly skilled at moderating an interview session. We help reduce interview anxiety and improve your soft skills.
- Please visit the Contact Us form on our website to get started
- Let us know if you have any special considerations (e.g. this is a preparation for a specific live interview – describe in some detail)
- We will schedule your interview at a time that works for both of us
Guidelines and Preparation
- Practice interviews are more effective when it is done before your scheduled employment interview. In other words, check your calendar!
- Your interview MAY occur VIRTUALLY via Zoom. Currently, all BBJ Monday Meetings are via Zoom.
- Interview options include one-on-one or a two-on-one format depending on where you are in the candidate selection process
- Punctuality for your practice interview is required – just as it would be for a ‘real’ interview
- Send a copy of your resume to the team prior to the practice interview
After Your Interview
We will provide you constructive feedback focusing on your strengths and areas for improvement. In addition, we want to hear back from you. Once you complete your live interview, send us a note, or give us a call and let us know how it went!
In conclusion, we suggest you visit these resources prior to your practice interview.