Job boards are online repositories where you can find a variety of jobs based on your specific career goals. Here are several important points to consider when using them.
- Strike a balance between networking and applying to online job boards.
- Use the ‘golden’ hours of 9AM to 5PM M-F to directly network with contacts
- Use off-work hours (after 5PM) to peruse job sites, and apply for positions online
- Keep in mind that, on average, only 7% of placements occur through a job board application
- Always include a cover letter detailing your skills and background in relation to the job position
- Remember you may be contacted in the future even if you did not receive a follow up for the position you applied for
- Also use the employer Careers Page to seek out opportunities and apply online
BBJ Recommended Job Board Sites
Begin with these sites below. Simply click on the icon to visit the site and sign up. Branch out to other job boards based on your specific needs.